Cambridge Swing Dance – Ticket Booking Terms and Conditions, advice and other useful information
This is a quick run-down of booking terms for Cambridge Swing Dance C.I.C. (CSD) dances, workshops and other events. This includes events promoted under the banner of Cambridge Lindy Hoppers, Balboa in Cambridge or Blues Dance Cambridge.
Remember CSD events are organised and run by volunteers who give their time freely to make fantastic workshops and dances for the dance community. They are run on very tight budgets to keep the costs down for all.
Please also see:
Fill in the booking form as specified on the website for the event.
Please answer all questions on the form, ensure your email is correct or you may miss your booking confirmation information.
Where there is a workshop level please answer the questions honestly, be considerate of the other participants and do not over state your level.
Booking with a partner
If booking with a partner select the ‘Couple’ option on the booking form. A couple must be made up of one person as a lead and the other as a follow.
Where the event is a workshop with defined levels you must register with someone attending at the same level.
Where there are more bookings than places we may have to operate a waiting list for the event. When places are unpaid or cancelled we may contact those on the waiting list and offer them a place. Please check your email for offers of a place should one become available, we are unable to hold offers open indefinitely.
Due to the nature of incoming bookings we may not be able to advertise that there is a waiting list in operation when you register. Please wait for confirmation of your place before making payment, booking travel or accommodation.
Payments should either be made as specified in the event information. Your place at an event is not confirmed until full payment has been received.
We are unable to accept payment in cash at one of our regular events, the door person will not be able to take your payment (payments get lost and mislaid unfortunately). Cheques are not accepted in the post or handed over in person.
Some events may attract a discount for CSD Club members as advertised in the event. It is not possible to buy a membership when booking. To register for a members ticket you will need your membership number at time of booking, entering “Yes, but I’ve forgotten the number” won’t work.
Refunds, cancellations and transfers
No refunds are available for events. If you have paid but can no longer attend you may transfer your place to another person, this includes partners who’ve booked as couples, providing the following conditions are met:
- The other person is attending in the same role (i.e. lead to a lead, follow to a follow)
- It is not within 48 hours of the start of the event
- Where there is a workshop is of a minimum level, the other person must meet that level. CSD organisers must be satisfied of this.
- You do not charge the other person more than the price you paid for the ticket
- If a CSD member transfers to a non-member the difference will need to be paid to confirm the place
- All necessary information of the person transferred to is provided as requested by CSD (e.g. Name, contact details, etc.) at least 48 hours before the event start so we may update our records.
- In all cases CSD organisers may refuse to transfer the place at their discretion
- No refunds will be made in cash either in person or at one of our regular events.
- No refunds are possible for certain extras ordered, e.g. T-Shirts, meals, etc. If they have already been ordered from our suppliers.
Limitation of Liability
Where and event is cancelled due to the non-availability of a major part of the event (such as a teaching couple being unavailable where they are the main focus of the event) we will make a full refund of the price paid. We will not be liable where the event proceeds but a minor part of the event changes (i.e. a band line up changes for a social dance attached to a workshop).
CSD shall not be liable for any additional expenses or inconveniences you may have occurred due to event changes or cancellations.